Pros And Cons Of Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Tucson
You realize you must defend your home. Above all else, it provides shelter for your loved ones and is where you keep your belongings. But what is the ideal type of home defense? Whether or not to utilize 24/7 monitoring is one of the leading decisions you will make. Examine the advantages and drawbacks of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Tucson and get a better idea of what’s best for you.
Differences Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you select round-the-clock monitoring, your home security system bridges to an external monitoring team that is set to act at all times. Whenever a window sensor triggers or a fire alarm begins beeping, your monitoring specialists receive a notification immediately. They quickly take action to validate the alarm and contact the applicable emergency services.
On the other hand, an unmonitored system doesn’t include a backup team. You can think of this option as self-monitored, which indicates that if your alarm goes off, you must act to get it resolved. This possibility is the cheaper solution, but it also comes with less peace of mind.
Benefits And Downsides Of A Monitored Security System In Tucson
Here’s a brief overview of the advantages and drawbacks of a monitored security system.
Benefits Of Monitored Systems
- Heightened security: Having a backup on your side is always a good choice. If you are on vacation, sleeping, or without your smartphone, your residence and those inside will still be protected.
- Quicker response: Monitoring specialists are always standing by to help. They’ll reply more quickly to emergencies than you can by yourself.
- Insurance reductions: Monitored home security may entitle you to a price cut on your home insurance premium.
- Superior equipment and smooth integration: By getting hardware, monitoring, and installation from a respected home security specialist, you will gain access to a cohesive system with components that may be better than what you will discover on your own.
Drawbacks Of A Monitored System
- Expense: You will have a monthly charge for monitoring.
- Typically required to get a professional install: Many residents would prefer to have the install completed by qualified technicians, but some might want to do it by themselves.
- Have to sign a contract: You will generally have to sign a contract when opting for monitoring. This stipulation will be agreeable for numerous residents as home security is a benefit you will want long term.
Advantages And Drawbacks Of An Unmonitored Security System In Tucson
Here’s a quick rundown of the benefits and downsides of an unmonitored security system.
Pros Of An Unmonitored System
- Affordability: You won’t need to pay a monitoring charge.
- Install on your own: DIYers may consider this an advantage as they can do the installation themselves and not have an added fee. Other residents may want to go with a professional.
- More Flexibility: You can incorporate equipment when you wish - and from any manufacturer. However, you may find incorporating into a fully connected system more complex.
- Control: There won’t be anyone else monitoring your alarms. If something happens, you’re in control of getting support.
Drawbacks Of An Unmonitored System
- No backup: What if you don’t have your phone and don’t get a security warning? This situation will lead to added stress and less peace of mind.
- Demands your complete attention: As you are the sole person in control, you must always stay connected to your home security app.
- Connecting the system is up to you: If you want a helping hand during the installation, you may have to pay for a separate service professional. The installation process is also likely to be more time-consuming.
Stay Protected With a Monitored Home Security System In Tucson
Stay protected 24/7 with a monitored home security system in Tucson from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’re certain you’ll agree that a comprehensive, monitored home defense system is the right choice for your family. Contact (520) 485-5682 today to get started.