How to Get the Most From A Home Security Cameras In Tucson
Security cameras can easily be placed as a deterrent—something that notifies criminals or intruders that “we know you’re there.” Or you can leverage your video surveillance to bolster your home’s security.
Thankfully, modern security cameras arrive equipped with an array of features all built to provide total protection for your residence. Whether it’s recording options and 2-way talk or infrared night vision and fast action motion detection, these tools help you to get the most from video surveillance in Tucson.
How To Set Up Your Tucson Home Security Cameras For Maximum Protection
The first step to optimizing your video surveillance is placing the components in the right areas within your house. Interior security cameras need to be placed in common areas like the living room or den. It’s also a good idea to install a camera near main hallways, stairs, or other common areas intruders would have to pass to reach the rest of your house. Exterior security cameras ideally afford a clear sightline of your porch, front walk, front and yards, shed, and other outdoor isolated constructions, like sheds. And you can easily see a view of your front door via a discreet doorbell camera.
There are places within your home that are less important to monitor such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements without a good entryway to the outside. Privacy for you and your visitors needs to be a major regard prior to installing a security device in a bedroom.. You can always add window or motion detectors if you want some type of security in bedrooms.
Features That Elevate Security Cameras
Device location is only the beginning in getting the all you can from home security cameras in Tucson. The features shown below help to maximize security and increase overall home security.
- Motion detection: Receive instant notifications on your phone the instant strange motion is detected. You can also program cameras to automatically start filming when motions are detected which serves to increase camera recording time.
- Cloud storage for smart clips: Program your video surveillance to film and store clips for easy viewing anytime.
- Two-way audio: The majority of modern security cameras include a built-in mic and speaker so you can actually converse with guests with the device. Through ADT Control, you can act like you’re home or welcome your kids as they arrive back from school.
- Wide angle lens: Field of view determines how much a camera can see, and gives you a more comprehensive look at an area. Look for cameras that provide at least 120° wide angle lens or that have the ability to pan in a wide arc for complete visibility.
- Dark vision: Make sure your security cameras are equipped with either infrared or LED sensors that will capture clips of pitch black motion.
- Activity zones: Activity zones provide you the freedom to protect specific areas within your home.. For example, you can configure your doorbell camera to alert you of movement occurring on your yard or your driveway and disregard traffic passing or anyone on the sidewalk.
- Security app: app, like ADT Control®, allow you to watch live camera feeds, move cameras, arm or disarm the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app will send timely notifications when the see unusual motion around your property.
Get Your Video Surveillance Today
Pulling the most out of your video surveillance in Tucson is more simple. From lightning quick motion detection to 2-way audio, your home security system can go from merely a deterrent to an impenetrable defense. Call (520) 485-5682 or submit the form below to get started customizing your home security system today.