Modern home security solutions are getting more advanced by the day. But, unfortunately, it doesn't take much to fail to complete basic security duties like turning on your a security system, shutting the garage door, or locking all your doors.
How would you feel if you no longer needed to concern yourself with these tasks ever again? When utilizing geofencing in Tucson, you can simply leave the driveway and have your security system lock up for you.
What is Geofencing In Tucson For Home Security Systems?
Geofencing generates a virtual boundary a set distance from your property, which you may arrange in your cell phone app. This convenient tool then utilizes your mobile device to deduce when you cross the perimeter and then puts in motion the tasks you have programmed.
What Makes Geofencing Work?
Geofencing is made possible by z-wave, a home automation protocol that smart implements take advantage of to share information with other connected equipment. The technology assists your home security by grouping all components onto a single network. You can then set up specific boundaries along the perimeter of your house and designate particular actions when you move beyond the prearranged border line.
For example, when you leave your property, you could instruct your security system to engage door locks, shut the garage door, and turn on your alarm. Then, when you return to your house, geofencing will inform your system to disengage the alarm, elevate the garage door, activate lighting, and even change your your temperature settings.
These are a handful of the technologies you may manage with geofencing:
● Smart lighting and plugs
● Connected thermostats
● Surveillance cameras and your system’s alarm
● Electronic devices including TVs or appliances
● Overhead doors
Custom Geofencing, Schedules, And Scenes Are Available In Your Mobile Security App
Geofencing is one of the many ways you can use your property’s security system in Tucson. When accessing the security app, you are able to do a lot with automation. With just a few taps of the app interface, and you can:
● Enable Scheduling: program your smart devices to operate at predetermined times. Direct various lights to turn down to indicate that it's time to turn in for the night, or disengage your home’s alarm when you get up.
● Define how devices react to one another: Make specific components come alive when another element is triggered. Direct your thermostat to activate the fan if the CO detector is set off. Or illuminate your smart bulb in the hallway when your surveillance system detects abnormal activity outside.
● Customize scenes: Design room and event scenes with various smart components that operate in harmony together. Have your smart bulbs switch off, the temperature go down, and the smart door locks bolt when it's time for bed. Or set the mood for TV night with specific lighting and HVAC settings.
● Geofence your security: There may be times when you fail to set your alarm when you're rushing around in the morning. With geofencing technology and your mobile device, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to arm the system and shut the garage door.
Enjoy The Benefits Of Geofencing in Tucson
Whether you’re looking for additional certainty of a fully secured property whenever you leave or you want to automate your smart home technology, geofencing can help. Talk to one of our knowledgeable team members today at (520) 485-5682 or submit the form on this page to get started on your optimal security system.