Where are the most effective locations to place your home security cameras in Tucson? As a general rule, you have three major regions of the home for camera installations: your principal entryway, the outside perimeter, and select interior spaces. Even though your installation team can recommend where you should begin, here's a quick guide of where to place your home security cameras throughout your property.
Don’t Forget To Defend Your Front Entryway
Even though it might seem absurd that a burglar would attempt to simply enter through your home’s main entryway, 34% of intrusions take place near this obvious access point. You also have porch pirates among other risks to think about. A doorbell camera is able to manage all of these possibilities with crystal clear high-def, wide-angle capabilities.
Video doorbells are even more beneficial as you can converse with people who walk up and engage the doorbell. Through your cell phone app, like ADT Control, you may answer each instance with two-way communications and live video and appear to be at home. Then if a visitor begins doing something criminal, you will have your camera document the event on video and transmit it to your mobile phone via a text notification.
Get the Most Coverage Possible With Your Exterior Video Surveillance
Figuring out where to place home security cameras on the exterior of your home is a more challenging task. Thankfully, there are a few beneficial tips to greatly increase the likelihood that you’re defended properly.
- Cameras at the corners of your Tucson residence provide a large sightline, as you can see two sections of your yard.
- Position underneath an overhanging eave or into a bit of siding or exterior trim are excellent options for surveillance devices as they will be partly hidden by the edge of your house.
- On top of your garage, since the garage door is a more enticing passageway for burglars than you may know!
- Above a back porch or sliding door -- or any entryway not in clear view from the sidewalk.
For each installation, make sure you cut back any brush and branches that might obstruct the camera’s view.
Suggestions For Getting The Highest Level of Performance From Your Interior Video Equipment
You have more options on where to place home security cameras inside your residence in Tucson. But the additional adaptability results in there being other installation variables to contemplate:
- Sunshine through Your Windows: Even though you should be certain your windows are secure, the sunlight that enters via a window might create a glare and impact the clarity of your video recording. Point the lens away from direct sunlight to circumvent this issue.
- Take the High Road: In the same fashion as an observation deck, a surveillance device located in an elevated area will produce a broader view. Consider putting your cameras above bookshelves or attached to the upper reaches of a wall.
- Keep Out of Reach: Your surveillance system won’t have the chance to safeguard your home if it’s broken. Set your security cameras in a spot where children or pets aren’t able to mess with them. You could try mounting or another means of attaching them to ensure they don’t fall if accidentally bumped.
- Use Plants and Decor to Your Advantage: The best surveillance system will fail to be of much use if you’ve got a plant obstructing the field of vision. However, decor or foliage also have the ability to conceal your security equipment. Just ensure they don’t obscure the lens!
Have Secure24 Alarm Systems Install And Place Your Home Security Cameras
If you want the right placement of your home security cameras and additional security components, enlist the experienced technicians at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Let us customize the right package for your complete residence -- defending every square foot. Just call (520) 485-5682 or fill out the form on this page to arrange a consultation.